The Service Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Service Department in the branch. Plans and ensures implementation of the short- and long-term goals for the Service Department necessary to meet the strategic goals of the branch. Effectively and efficiently manages all resources including people, tools, and equipment, as well as relationships with suppliers.
You will be required to
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Manages the development and training of service personnel and may complete performance reviews of service staff
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Plans, assigns, and directs work in the Service Department both in the shop and in the field; manages the department scheduling of work hours including daily hours, time off and vacation time to maintain appropriate department coverage.
- Support a healthy and safe workplace by ensuring that all safety practices and policies are followed by employees, contractors and on site customers
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentiality.
- Continually identify and recommend opportunities to improve service to customers (internal and external)
- Provides input and assistance to the Branch Manager in monitoring and managing departmental expenses and resolving customer issues and complaints while working to maximize revenue.
- Resolves problem work orders as necessary through proper invoicing and ensures the necessary service reports are completed.
- Monitors job deficiencies and institutes necessary changes through the shop to improve production.
- Maintain and monitor work orders, ensuring timely and proper invoicing.
- Works collaboratively with supplier representatives to resolve all technical issues.
- Responsible for meeting prescribed profit targets and maintaining effective cost control within Service Department operations as per the monthly and annual budget.
- Five or more years technical experience in the power generation / heavy duty diesel industry with extensive product knowledge is an asset
- Must be a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in a supervisory role is required
- Experience in a similar role, in a similar industry, is strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills; deals with conflict effectively
- Must be a strong multi-tasker, and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Frontier Power Products offers a challenging, innovative, fast moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package including an attractive sales incentive program. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to human resources and include “Service Manager – Winnipeg” in the subject line. We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job posting to a friend. Thank you.