Our Technician’s efficiency, quality of work and knowledge are critical to our success. We are looking for an experienced Engine/Generator PM Technician with a strong electrical background, who is committed to providing exceptional customer service. An aptitude for solving problems and tenacity are qualities that set people up for success in this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, and controls
- Work on pump and generator packages to include commissioning and preventative maintenance programs (in-house & on-site)
- Work on Industrial, gaseous and diesel engines using mechanical and electronic controls (in-house & on-site)
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment
- Oil/filter changes
- Maintain equipment (on-site)
- Travel both locally & out of town
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while following safety procedures and policies
- Ensure quality of manufactured product
- Continuing education required – stay current with technology
- Accurate record keeping, estimating, updating service records and log books
- Interact directly with customers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Post-Secondary education with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience
- Licensed technician with solid understanding of diesel and gas engines
- Journey person Mechanic with strong electrical background, preference will be given to red or blue seal certification.
- Previous power generation experience in controls (AC/DC), PLC’s, Switchgear paralleling equipment, and remote networks is an asset.
- Above average troubleshooting and problem solving skills with engines, generators and/or control systems
- Willing and able to work non – standard/on call hours and travel is required to support our customer needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer literate
- Customer-centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds like a great fit, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com including “Engine/Generator PM Technician – Calgary” in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
For all our current job openings, see Careers, Job Openings.